Thursday, 4 October 2012

Lust

When I was little, as a child, I liked playing with toys. I did not like Lego. I hated puzzles. My mother would not allow video games in the house. I had dozens of trucks, cars, motorcycles, and I would bring them along to the shower. Instead of counting the sheep, I would play with them in bed until I fell asleep.

As I grew older, I no longer played with toys. Instead, I found a new hobby. Riding a bicycle. I remember pretending and imagining riding a motorcycle while in reality, I was riding the Le-Run bicycle my father bought for me. I even imitated the sound of motorbike. But at that time, I knew for a fact that I was just riding a bicycle.

My father did not own a bike. I longed for an experience being on a bike. Many years passed, I managed to get my hands on a Yamaha RXZ. It was my first bike. After two years of sweet and painful moments with the bike, I downgraded myself to a Honda Wave 100 R due to several factors; fuel consumption was a major one.

The Honda Wave 100 R remains loyal and reliable to me. However, ungrateful as it may seem, I gave the bike to my little brother who needs transportation in campus. I trust the bike to serve my brother with the same loyalty and reliability it has provided me all these years.

Now, I think it is time to get a new bike. This time, I aim for a 250cc bike considering the B2 licence I possess. Ninja, CBR, Duke, Blade, Magelli are some of the brands I have been considering. One day, I chatted with a friend who has wide knowledge on motorcycles and he told me that once you have started playing with the big toys, you will not want to stop, and you will always find an excuse to upgrade your toys. Taking his advice and considering my lust for motorbikes, I could not agree more.

A colleague of mine shares the same passion with motorbikes. He persuades and shows me videos of Kawasaki ER6N whenever I visit his workshop. He did well in persuading me because now, I cannot stop thinking of this ER6N. I googled pictures, videos, reviews of this bike and now, I even imagine owning and riding one before I close my eyes and go to sleep. He plans to buy the bike early next year and I plan to follow his footsteps.

I know this for a fact, I will own a Kawasaki ER6N. Sooner or later. Pray that it will be soon.

1 comment: